Handwriting Analysis Letter A lowercase
Letter “a” is the first letter in our alphabet and the first vowel. Graphology tells us letter “a” lowercase and letter “o” are among the so called ovals. Ovals are not included in any of the studied graphical aspects and are circles that are situated in the middle zone of writing.
Graphology is a projective technique that analyzes handwriting in order to get to the deepest in the personality of the human being. This technique applies the symbolism of graphical space of Max Pulver, describing three zones: Upper, central and lower zones. According to this theory, ovals occupy the middle zone or central area of writing and are considered the center “center of the graphical world”.
Muñoz Espinalt defines the oval as the “synthesis of personality” because it expresses the most intimate feelings and it represents the most consolidated and desired interests of people. The zone of the center of handwriting symbolizes the “Ego” of the individual.
Graphology is based on Psychoanalysis Theory
In order to achieve the most reliable interpretations it is essential that the Graphologist incorporates a solid knowledge on Psychology. Let us remind that Graphology is based on Psychoanalysis, in the projective techniques and in neurosciences.
The Ego of the individual is who organizes the impulses for those not to contradict each other with moral values. The Ego has functions like: perceiving, thinking, relating to others. It acts regulating inner impulses for those to be expressed in the outside world without generating conflicts. For this purpose, it uses tools called defense mechanisms of the ego. These act subconsciously and do not change reality, but they try to diminish the anxiety reality causes.
Graphology Letter “a” and Personal Ego
Sigmund Freud, Neurologist, Psychiatrist, called “The Father of Psychoanalysis”, born in Austria in 1856 investigated the mind of the human being and elaborated two theories of personality. Freud described the functioning of the mind and the characteristics of its structure as a model in which schematizes the conscious mind as the tip of an iceberg, where we can only see the conscious, but underneath and submerged as the rest of the iceberg in the deep of the ocean there is the subconscious mind, where the impulses and the most primitive desires interceded by the preconscious dwell.
Psychoanalysis is a method which purpose is the treatment of mental diseases. The psychoanalytic theory explains the behavior of human being. It affirms that instinctive impulses are repressed. They stay in the subconscious, affecting our present life. Relating the life of each individual with the submerged material of the subconscious allows understanding what is the function and the importance. Through graphological tests, it is possible to reveal the expression of the subconscious in handwriting.
Also read: Handwriting and Personality
In the second psychoanalytic theory, Freud describes the psychological apparatus in three instances: Ego, Id and Superego. The Ego can be seen in the evident conducts and in all kinds of graphical productions, such as drawings and scrawls. It represents the so called “principle of reality”, which is the part of personality that allows us discovering the outer world, the inner world, adjusting and acting.
According to M. Xandró, the oval of letter “a” expresses our personal ego and the world of our most rooted and close interests. The details of the oval in letter A lowercase are very important. Any variation in their initial and final strokes, whether they are open or closed, whether they contain angles, arches or curves are fundamental at the moment of interpretation. Alterations in the execution of the oval of letter “a” always express some situation the individual is going through. When the oval is round and well formed and inflated, it means that the writer has vital strength and hope. When the oval is dented, it indicates sorrow, worry and pain.
In order to interpret letter that contain ovals like “b”, “g”, “p”, “d” and “q”, we must analyze the ovals along with the other additional strokes that conform them. Letter “a” contributes with information on sensitivity, honesty, degree of cautiousness, reservation or hypocrisy of the writer in his relationships. It is associated to communication and to the degree of exteriorization of emotions through conduct. It is the “letter of honesty”, since it reveals the degree of honesty or reservation of human beings.
The aspects that are studied in the letter are abreaction and shape.
According to its abreaction it is classified into open or closed, and will be more positive when it is opened towards the right and upwards, which symbolically expresses communication and extraversion towards others. It means openness to give as well as to receive unconditional communication. The exact point where the lowercase letter is opened or closed is very important to consider in interpretations.
Model letter a moderately open towards the right and upwards: It reflects a person who is able to receive, with an attitude of openness towards the other, who is loyal and trustworthy, who has a good level of communication and expression, cautiousness and reservation, inherent trust that grants diplomacy and ability to adjust to the medium. When this letter a is repeated systematically, natural trust may turn into credulity that may work against the individual, allowing to occur situations without opposing any resistance.
Open letter A lowercase
- Open at the top: Expresses feelings and emotions in an honest way. It is spontaneous, free, extroverted, honest, can easily express his thoughts in a fascinating and attractive way. Credulity, excessive loquacity that becomes indiscretion. Unable to reserve confidences.
- Very open at the top (similar to a “u”): Indiscretion, ingenuity, magic thinking, excessive need to express his feelings and emotions, excessive loquacity which impedes reflection, cannot keep a secret, excessively communicative personality, allows others to manipulate him, very easily influenced. If accompanied by soft pressure and signs of dishonesty it is a very negative gesture that indicates deceive and bad will.
- Open at the bottom: It is no common that the oval is executed clockwise in this way. It is a regressive movement contrary to the learned calligraphic movement. They must not be interpreted in isolation. They must be confirmed with other signs. It reflects a personality that protects itself and hides. Distrust, disloyalty, lack of honesty, hypocrisy, deceive, premeditation, ability to listen to others to benefit from their situations. Hiding of the ego.
- Open on the left: Prudence, tact, reservation, introversion that drives him to communicate only with friends, family and people from his intimate circle, discretion, reflection. Subconscious repression. In a negative sense: insecurity , routine, shyness, hiding, falseness, distrust, individuals who disguise their true personality due to bad past experiences or for fear of being rejected. Attitude of disguise due to interest, opportunism. If accompanied by
- Right curl: Diplomacy, ability and tact to obtain what he wants, verbal skills and oratory, tendency to deceive, hypocrisy.
Handwriting Analysis Letter A lowercase closed
- Closed at the top and on the right: It reflects introversion, prudence, cautiousness, personality with ability to reserve what must not be disclosed, keeps secrets, controls his emotions. Defensive attitude distrusted and closed towards strangers. Interested bonds, selfishness.
- Closed on the left: Introversion, shyness, reflection, prudence, cautiousness, pride, inner life, distrust, and little social contact. Tied to the past, calculating and interested attitude that disguises intentions.
- Closed at the bottom: When the graphology is fast, legible and clear, it is interpreted as agility for thinking, ability for synthesis and planning. Adaptation and realization of the goals set. If the graphism is slow, illegible and confuse: dishonesty, hypocrisy, hiding attitude with little scruples.
- Closed with a final curl on the right: Diplomacy, ability for public relations, and cleverness for business as a goal to obtain advantages. Reservation, prudence, discretion, calculating personality, distrust. Subconscious self-defense for fear that excessive honesty harms him. Need for compliments.
- With a small inner curl: (Minuscule initial curl, located on the superior area) looks for compliments. Desire for caress.
- Closed with double curl: (It looks like the oval is formed by two “e” letters). Desire to be liked, to enchant, adjustable passive conduct. Ability to negotiate and for public relations. It may be interpreted as a confusing letter, depending on the rest of the graphical context: hiding. Tries to avoid that others take the advantages that the individual reserves for himself. Plays with two faces.
- Closed by double turn: Diplomacy, reservation, prudence, cautiousness, lies, egocentrism, intrigue, interested expressions. If the oval is divided: commercial skills, diplomacy, and astuteness. Can be interpreted as capturing personality, deep rift of personality, lies. This need to be confirmed with other graphical signs.
- Closed and pasted: Hysteria, stress, accented mental or physical fatigue, mental confusion due to emotional disorder, may be due to intoxication with alcohol or drugs.
Handwriting Analysis Letter A: Shape
- Angled oval: Independence of criteria. Perseverance, tenacity, strength, energy. Intransigence, little thinking flexibility. Cannot understand others´ thoughts.
- Angled at the top: Determination, tenacity in ideas, defends his position firmly, may cede if given an explanation patiently. May recall alike offenses, vengeful, resentful.
- Angled at the bottom: Defensive attitude of the own “Ego” against outer attacks. Resentment, aggressiveness, maladjustment tendencies, communication difficulties due to sensitivity and stubbornness.
- Oval perfectly curved: Good adjustment, reservation, kindness, altruism, emotiveness, sociability, ingenuity, credulity, lack of malice.
- Round shape: Diplomacy, falseness, distrust, reservation. Little emotiveness lacks vivacity, slow in his way of reacting. Round letters are associated to monotonous writing, calligraphic writing, slow writing, childish writing. The different interpretations will vary according to the pace, whether they are progressive or regressive, original or monotonous.
We agree on the fact that round letters are slow, but smoothness is always present. They express emotional stability, perception development, low emotiveness search of security and comfort, which may be compensated by precision and automatism in the handling of objects for work.
- Oval in spiral: Egocentrism, narcissism and vanity. Desire of calling attention, of waking admiration. Affective immaturity, indecision and lies.
- Oval separated from downstroke: We need to make sure the individual does not suffer visual disorders. Desire for change, runs away from the environment. Disassociated conduct, little affective harmony, conflicts, parasite tendencies. Schizoid conduct.
- Crushed letter a: Oppression. Feels pressured by the reality he dislikes. Submission, inner fights, uncertainty, environmental tightness that does not allow him to display his personality. Phobia.
- Narrow letter a (Vertical development): Anguish and suffering. Discomfort, inhibition, limitations, impediments, ideals, materials, tendency to treasure to secure sustenance, social discomfort. If too narrow, squeezed: intimate pain, unhappiness, combative and bitter character.
- Typographic letter a: Artistic taste, esthetic, good intellectual and cultural level, controlled affective life. Tendency to coldness in feelings.
- Punctured letter a: In Graphology, punctured ovals: the final stroke returns and “punctures” the sphere. (It is more often observed in other letters like in “o”, “g”, “d” than in “a”. Tendency to punish himself and mortify himself.
Graphology Capital letter A
The letter “A” is composed by an angle formed by two downstrokes and a transversal bar. Here we also analyze the expression of the Ego. It shares characteristics of letter “M” and the bar of letter “t”, (since both letters share the trait of the transversal bar).
1 Calligraphic letter A: It is the one that adjusts to the norms and tradition.
2. Regular typographic letter A: It represents an evolved “Ego”. Rational, esthetic sense, educated.
3. Narrow letter a: Denotes a certain degree of inhibition, insecurity and little firmness.
4. Wide opening letter A: Stable personality, self-confident, secure and firm.
5. Lowercase-shaped capital letter A: Natural and simple. If letter A is complicated or exaggerated, he tries to pretend a simplicity that is not real.
6. Typographic-lowercase-shaped capital A: Tries to distinguish himself as an original person, of apparent naturalness and simplicity.
7. Curved letter A: The angle of the vertex is modified by a curve. This indicates affability, kindness, sweetness when treating others
8. Low crossbar letter A: Submission.
9. Triangle-shaped letter A: Normal in architects. Reserved person. Logical and deductive mind. Originality.
10. Letter A with a lot of directions without lifting the writing tool: Individual with a lively temper. Character.
11. Letter A with a big curl on the left: Pride for the family of origin and ancestors.
This concludes the article about Handwriting Analysis: letter a. Keep browsing this website to continue discovering interesting things.
Feel free to share it with your contacts if you found it useful. Keep reading this blog to learn more about Graphology letter D lowercase and Handwriting Analysis Capital letters, and follow us on Facebook.